Nursing Services Education
Staff Development Department
For a current listing of classes, call (330) 580-4730
Registration is required for all programs. Class may be canceled if not enough participants are signed up.
The Staff Development office is open from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm (Mon. through Fri.)
Mercy Medical Center Continuing Education Statement
Mercy Medical Center is approved as a provider of Continuing Education by the Ohio Nurses Association. ONA Number (OH-091). ONA is accredited as an approver of Continuing Education in Nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission on Accreditation, (OBN-001-91).
Meet Your Education Team
- Janet Boiarski RNBC, MSN - Director, Ext. 2084
- Mandy Geiser, RN, BC, BSN - Medical/Surgical Educator, Ext. 4014
- Debra Shaw, RN, CDE, MSN - Diabetes Educator, Ext. 2121
- Laurie Peach, RN, MSN - Clinical Nurse Specialist, Ext. 1924
Registration is required for all programs. Classes may be canceled if we do not have enough participants.
Register by Phone, Email or Mox:
- Call Nursing Education at (330) 580-4730 and follow the phone prompts.
- MMC employees can register via e-mail or mox to Sellena Gichevski or call the registration line at (330) 580-4730. When registering via the phone, please state your name clearly and spell your last name.
- Non-MMC personnel: When registering via the phone line, please state your name clearly and spell your last name. Also, please give us a phone number where we can contact you during the day.
- Non-MMC personnel: Fees for classes are to be paid prior to attending class in order to mail study materials and confirmation to you and to guarantee your place in the class.
- Refunds will not be given if cancellation is less than one week prior to the class unless other arrangements have been made.
The Staff Development office is open from 7 am – 3:30 pm (Mon. through Fri.)