Mercy’s Occupational Health Services
With 24-hour services and case managers who coordinate all aspects of patient care, Mercy Work Health & Safety Services provides you with a variety of services designed to meet your company’s specific health needs, no matter the size of your business. Customize a program to fit your workplace needs.
Medical and Physical Exams
- Immediate treatment of work-related injuries & illness
- Physical exams (DOT and non-DOT)
- Independent medical exams
- Pulmonary / respiratory exams
- Diagnostic testing
- Fit for Duty Evaluation
- Physical Capacities Evaluation (PCE)
Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Drug screens (DOT and non-DOT)
- Breath alcohol testing (DOT and non-DOT)
- Random drug and alcohol program management
- Hair follicle drug testing
- Certified Medical Review Officer (MRO)
Other Occupational Testing and Services
- Audiometric Testing
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Laboratory Services
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
- Respirator Clearance & Fit Testing
- Tuberculosis (TB) Testing
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapuy
- Pain Management
Employee Assitance Program (Mercy Concern)
Transitional Work Program
Education and Training
- Health & wellness programs
- Drug and alcohol awareness training
- Safety compliance programs
- OSHA Compliance Programs
Because our physicians are trained in occupational medicine and experienced in workers’ compensation issues, we treat injuries quickly, minimize lost time, and return employees to work as soon as possible. Expert injury treatment is available on a walk-in, no-appointment-necessary basis. For treatment after hours, StatCare is located at our same location, while life-threatening and overnight injuries are treated at Mercy Medical Center emergency department.
Services we provide include:
- Work Simulation: Our staff will work with the patient by imitating some of his or her day to day activities in order for the injured worker to return safely to the workplace.
- Physical Reconditioning: In most cases, the injured worker needs to work on regaining his or her physical strength and endurance. Progressive exercise programs are individually designed using state-of-the-art exercise and strength equipment.
- Physical Capacity Evaluation: Our staff will evaluate the patient’s physical capacities and limitations as it applies to specific job requirements. This helps us determine when it is safe for an employee to return to work or we may make recommendations for job placement of the patient.
- Work-Site Evaluations: This is an on-site assessment of the job demands and physical requirements employees face. The assessment helps us recommend modifications of the workplace to the employer in order to reduce potential injury to the employee.
We help employers meet all regulatory and employment guidelines and quickly communicate results for post-job-offer exams, return-to-work exams, Department of Transportation exams, hearing-loss-rating exams and respirator physicals. We also can work with your company to create a customized physical examination that meets your specific needs.
We collect and process samples according to strict federal standards, with positive results reported within 24 hours. Our certified medical review officer is always available at no extra charge when using our lab. When drug testing for post-job offers, random, “for-cause”, DOT, and non-DOT drug screens, you can eliminate delays in making important decisions by working with WHSS. We also offer a consortium program for random drug testing.
Another useful tool for lowering health care costs is to prevent illness before it happens. We can tailor an immunization program to meet your needs for world travel, annual flu vaccinations, tetanus, hepatitis-A, hepatitis B, and a variety of other specialized vaccines. These are offered at your worksite or at our location.
Through Mercy Therapy Services, we offer complete physical and occupational rehabilitation at our North Canton location to help speed your employees’ return to normal function.
We can help your employees recognize and overcome poor health habits and identify risk factors that can lead to increased health care claims and absenteeism. We offer CPR and industrial first-aid training, on-site immunizations, flu shots, bloodborne pathogen education and more.