In 2018 Mercy Cancer Center became one of only 16 cancer facilities nationwide to earn the American College of Surgeon’s (ACS) Outstanding Achievement Award four or more times in a row. Learn what this significant accomplishment, unmatched in Ohio, means for you and those you love.
4 Awards 4 QUALITY of Cancer Care
Our four-time ACS award means we offer the highest standard of cancer care in your own neighborhood with quality and outcomes that meet or exceed the national standard. NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network) guidelines are crafted by experts across the country who analyze the latest studies to determine the most effective treatment paths for the best outcome.
When you choose Mercy Cancer Center, you can be confident:
- You are getting the same standard of care as the best cancer centers in the country
- You don’t have to travel to another city or state to know your care is based on solid evidence
- We have offered consistent care, at an elite level, for 12 consecutive years
- You will have access to the latest treatments in the form of clinical trials
4 Awards 4 TECHNOLOGY
At Mercy Cancer Center, we offer state-of-the-art treatment options that mean the most effective treatment with fewer side effects, including:
- Robotic surgery
- Radiation therapy can provide the latest treatment techniques using our TrueBeam Linear Accelerator
We also offer the latest diagnostic technologies:
- Only hospital in Stark County to offer a fixed PET/CT scan.
- Breast tomosynthesis, which is even more sensitive that 3D mammography at detecting abnormalities.
- Breast stereotactic biopsy, MRI guided biopsy: we can provide the diagnostic technique best suited to your needs. It isn’t one size fits all.
4 Awards 4 COMPREHENSIVE TREATMENT
At Mercy Cancer Center, we have a streamlined process that allows for quick workup and a plan of action, all while keeping your primary care physician in the loop. Multiple specialists meet as a team to discuss your care; it’s like getting several consultations without cost or delay to you.
Plus, our dedicated cancer nurse navigators walk with you and your loved ones on your cancer journey from screening to survivorship. It’s like having a nurse in the family. They answer your questions and assist with overcoming any barriers to the care you need.
Contact our cancer nurse navigators >>
As part of our comprehensive care, we offer specialized services for specific types of cancer, including:
- Mercy Breast Care Center
- Mercy Lung Center, as well as lung screenings, which deliver quick results and coordinated follow up care of any abnormalities. Patients receive immediate access to a specialist for screenings with a high suspicion of cancer because early diagnosis and early treatment leads to better outcomes. Screenings can identify lung cancer before symptoms arise, when it is most curable.
- Colorectal program with available onsite colonoscopy with a surgeon, ensuring malignant/suspicious findings receive immediate follow up.
Financial assistance for access to cancer care and screenings is available.
4 Awards 4 COMPASSION
You are at the center of everything we do. These awards represent our commitment to the health of our community and to helping each individual through their cancer experience. Our goal is to provide compassionate, coordinated care through prompt followup and exceptional treatment, support, and education.