Care for Sleep Disorders
Mercy’s experienced, board-certified sleep physicians provides the very best care for patients who seek treatment for sleep disorders.
- Evaluation of sleep complaints or concerns
- Discussion of polysomnographic studies
- Recommendation if further testing or treatment is needed
- Review of medications/home medical equipment plans
- Regular patient follow up
- Offering patient education on sleep disorders
- Pediatric appointments (ages 3 and above) are available
Dr. Amirthalingham sees pulmonary patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other lung diseases, including emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
He is also a sleep disorder specialist with extra training in the field of sleep medicine and experience diagnosing and treating people with sleep disorders. Dr. Amirthalingham is board certified in sleep medicine, pulmonary medicine, and critical care medicine. He offers more than 30 years of experience in the management of sleep conditions, as well as pulmonary and critical care medicine.
Dr. Amirthalingam is trained in the management of sleep apnea, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, periodic leg movement disorder, narcolepsy, circadian rhythm disorders, and other sleep disorders.