Do you have questions or concerns about Medicare? Mercy Medical Center will be sponsoring a Medicare program for local seniors (or soon-to-be seniors) on Thursday, June 9, 2016, at Mercy Health Center of North Canton, 6200 Whipple Ave. NW, in North Canton from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
A representative from the Ohio Department of Insurance’s OSHIIP (Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program) and an OSHIIP trained Mercy Medical Center volunteer will be on site to answer Medicare questions/concerns about:
* Medicare health coverage for seniors and for people under 65 with disabilities
* Medicare Health Plans, such as HMOs
* Medicare supplemental insurance
* Long-term care insurance
* Home health care coverage
* Retiree health plan coverage
* Savings programs (such as Medicaid, QMB and SLMB) for people with Medicare
* Extra help for prescription drug coverage
Additional Medicare Community Check-Ups will be held in New Philadelphia (July 14), Plain Township (July 21) and Jackson Township (August 11).
Walk-ins are welcome for this FREE program – if you are on Medicare, OSHIIP exists specifically for you. Mercy has partnered with Ohio Department of Insurance to be your Stark County OSHIIP site, which is located at the Senior Friends office inside Mercy Medical Center.
Don’t miss this opportunity to have your Medicare questions answered!
For more information on this and other Medicare programs, or to set up a one-on-one session with the hospital’s Medicare Specialist, please call Mercy Senior Friends at 330-489-1215.Please click here for media inquiries