The Ohio Department of Insurance’s Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP) will be hosting a FREE event, Welcome to Medicare, on Wednesday, May 13, beginning at 6 p.m. in Mercy Hall Auditorium at Mercy Medical Center, 1320 Mercy Drive NW, Canton. This program is for new and soon-to-be Medicare users who have questions and concerns about their health insurance. Welcome to Medicare is also for those who may have been on Medicare a while but would like to better understand what it offers.
Participants will have the opportunity to meet OSHIIP staff and learn about Medicare Part A and Part B benefits, the prescription drug benefit (Part D), Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare supplement insurance. Reservations are requested as seating is limited. For more information, or to RSVP, please call Mercy Healthcare Connection at 1-800-223-8662.
Mercy Medical Center has partnered with the Ohio Department of Insurance (ODI) to be your local Stark County OSHIIP site. A free service, OSHIIP is a part of the ODI and provides unbiased information and counseling to people covered by Medicare. In addition to the Welcome to Medicare event, OSHIIP will be in YOUR neighborhood for FREE consultation on the following Thursdays throughout the summer:
- May 14 – Rodman Public Library, 215 E. Broadway St., Alliance *Includes an informative Medicare presentation from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- June 4 – Mercy Health Center of North Canton, 6200 Whipple Ave. N.W., North Canton
- June 11 – Lake Community YMCA, 428 King Church Ave. S.W., Uniontown
- July 16 – Carroll County Senior Citizen’s Friendship Center, 100 Kensington Rd., Carrollton *Includes a Medicare presentation from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- July 23 – Mercy Health Center of Tuscarawas County, 1031 West High Ave., New Philadelphia
- August 13 – Mercy Health Center of North Canton, 6200 Whipple Ave. N.W., North Canton
- August 20 – Mercy Health Center of Jackson, 7337 Caritas Circle N.W., Massillon
- August 27 – Stark County District Library, Plain Community Branch, 1803 Schneider St. N.E., Canton
Walk-ins are welcome for these FREE “Medicare Check-Ups”. An OSHIIP representative and a Mercy Medical Center OSHIIP-trained volunteer will be available at these locations from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. They will answer questions regarding:
- Medicare Health Coverage for seniors and for people under age 65 with disabilities
- Medicare Health Plans, such as HMOs
- Medicare supplemental insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Home health care coverage
- Retiree health plan coverage
- Savings programs (such as Medicaid, QMB and SLMD) for people with Medicare
- Extra help for prescription drug coverage
For more information, please call 330-489-1215. The Stark County OSHIIP site is located inside the Senior Friends office at Mercy Medical Center.Please click here for media inquiries