Mercy Medical Center now offers radiologic services to the Alliance community with the acquisition of ARCH Diagnostics Imaging.
Located at 1401 S. Arch Ave. in Alliance, Mercy Imaging Center of Alliance now offers CT scans and open MRIs, with additional radiologic services coming soon. These tests will be digitized and read by Mercy radiologists. “This facility is a critical step to bringing health care closer to those we serve in eastern Stark County,” comments Thomas E. Cecconi, FACHE, President & CEO of Mercy Medical Center, “This will enable us to serve the Alliance community with convenience closer to home.”
The Alliance facility houses Mercy Medical Center’s only open MRI, giving claustrophobic patients an alternative to traditional MRI scans. Mercy Imaging Center of Alliance is located inside the Carnation Clinic, just North of State St. For more information about the radiologic services offered at this location, call 330-821-8460.
An Impressive List of Firsts for Mercy Medical Center’s Radiology Services:
- First hospital in the nation to offer a school for radiologic technology (since 1949)
- First hospital in Stark County to offer Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) for cancer patients
- First hospital in Stark County to offer PET/CT, a blended imaging system that combines PET and CT technology into a single imaging system
- First and only local hospital to offer a radiation therapy-based CT scanner (since 1999)
- First and only local hospital to acquire a 16-Channel MRI scanner
Mercy Medical Center, a ministry of the Sisters of Charity Health System, operates a 476-bed hospital serving Stark, Carroll, Wayne, Holmes and Tuscarawas Counties and parts of Southeastern Ohio. It has 550 physicians on its Medical Staff and employs 2,500 people. Mercy operates outpatient health centers in Carrollton, Jackson Township, Lake Township, Louisville, North Canton, Plain Township and Tuscarawas County. A Catholic hospital, Mercy Medical Center upholds the mission and philosophy of the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine and continues to be responsive to the needs of the community, including the provision of care to all, regardless of their ability to pay. For more information, visit cantonmercy.org.
Please click here
for media inquiries