Physical Therapy Services for Canton, Ohio, and Surrounding Communites
Following a trauma, surgery or the discovery of a progressive disease, you may need physical therapy to regain your independence or adjust to a changed lifestyle.
From improving range of motion, ambulation, coordination and balance to muscle strengthening and gait training, Mercy Medical Center’s licensed physical therapists promote healing and help patients prevent re-injury.
Mercy’s Physical Therapy Services offers outpatient and inpatient services for a wide range of injuries, diseases and disorders, such as:
- Orthopedic conditions. Back and neck pain, osteoporosis, sprains and strains, hand and upper extremity injuries, fractures, crush injuries, dislocations, amputations and before and after surgery.
- Neurological conditions. Stroke, brain injury, Parkinson’s disease, cerebral palsy, developmental delays, peripheral nerve damage, multiple sclerosis, autism and complications of premature births.
- Arthritic conditions. Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Workplace injuries. Contusions, repetitive motion disorders and other common workplace injuries.
- Sports injuries. Overuse injuries and trauma sustained during physical activity.
- General debilitation. General weakness or deconditioning, which may result from an illness or surgery.
When you begin physical therapy at Mercy, you will receive a treatment plan designed to meet your specific needs and schedule.
Mercy Amputee Coalition
Mercy Amputee Coalition, a support group for amputees and their families, provides a forum that enables adults with limb loss and limb difference to assist others in adapting to life’s challenges through education and support. The Coalition promotes healthy living and advocacy for those with amputations in the community.
The group meets on the third Tuesday of each month from noon to 1 pm in Mercy Hall Auditorium on the hospital’s main campus. FREE parking is located in front of the Mercy Hall Auditorium. For more information, call 330-489-1135.
It’s Your Choice
Ask your physician about receiving your physical therapy at Mercy Medical Center. Health insurance plans no longer have to determine your physical therapy services provider. Mercy Medical Center’s Your Choice program gives you the freedom to choose.
Check with your insurance plan and see if Mercy Medical Center is an in-network provider. If not, Mercy Your Choice offers access to Mercy services at in-network benefit levels. To learn more or find out if you qualify, click here.