Musical Moments at Mercy
The Power of Music
Modern research about music’s effect on the body, mind and spirit continues to confirm what you may already know in your heart – that music possesses the power to calm, uplift and even heal us.
Scientific studies show that listening to music:
- Reduces pain, anxiety, stress, blood pressure and heart rate
- Promotes relaxation and comfort
- Boosts the immune system
- Assists in rehabilitation
- Speeds recovery time
Music in Health Care Promotes Well-being
Because Mercy Medical Center’s mission is to provide quality, compassionate care for the whole person, we have partnered with ArtsinStark and the Canton Symphony Orchestra to present Musical Moments, an initiative that brings music into the health care setting to promote healing, tranquility and overall well-being.
The Musical Moments initiative will feature a series of unique and stylistically tailored performances by orchestra musicians in the hospital’s public and patient-care areas.
Musical Moments will:
- Enhance the experience of Mercy patients, families, visitors and staff
- Expand the medical center’s total healing environment
- Increase awareness of and education about the power of music
- Expose our community to the beauty of classical music
So that you can continue to enjoy this experience, we offer free music CDs with selections similar to Musical Moments concerts.