Mercy Radiology Services
An Impressive List of Firsts
- Hospital to offer a school for radiologic technology since 1949
- Hospital to offer Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) for cancer patients
To offer PET/CT, a blended imaging system that combines PET and CT
technology into a single imaging system
First and Only
- Local Hospital to offer a radiation therapy-based CT scanner since 1999
- Local hospital to aquire a 16-Channel MRI scanner
Newly Renovated MRI & Nuclear Medicine Facility
Mercy's Radiology Department has finished the third phase of a 5-phase upgrade.
The first phase included a new building addition to house mammography, ultrasound and radiation therapy. Phase 2 involved the addition of the first PET scanner in Stark County and the first GE Lightspeed CT scanner. Phase 3 included the addition of two new Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) suites and the renovation of the Nuclear Medicine Department.
The new MRI suites feature one new state-of-the-art MR scanner that has a larger opening so patients do not feel as confined. Another feature of the new suite is a large picture window letting in natural light, which may reduce the feeling of claustrophobia in certain patients.
The scanner also features faster scan times and enhances images options.
Since renovating the entire Nuclear Medicine Department, Mercy's progressive unit offers larger rooms, fast and reliable ADAC cameras and computer updates. The new suites offer patients high-tech procedures in a comfortable, private scanning environment.
- Large, open rooms
- Large picture window may alleviate claustrophobia
Advanced Magnetic Resonance Angiography capabilities
- Shorter scan times
- Wider scanner, not as confined
- New, larger rooms
- Fast and reliable ADAC cameras
- Computer upgrades
- Comfortable, private scanning environment
* Late afternoon & evening appointments available for MRI & Nuclear Medicine