Be Part of Our Mission of Quality, Compassionate Health Care
As a not-for-profit healthcare facility, Mercy Medical Center relies on contributions from individuals, families, corporations and foundations to make our mission of providing quality, compassionate, accessible and affordable care for the whole person a reality. Your gift enables us to continuously improve the hospital’s facilities, equipment, programs and services to help keep our staff on the cutting edge of medical innovation.
Please make a tax-deductible contribution today! Your gift will make a difference.
Donation Types We Accept
At Mercy Development Foundation, we will accept many different types of gifts. We encourage you to discuss your plans with an accountant or other professional advisor.
- Cash, Check or Credit Card Donations. By far the easiest way to make a philanthropic gift and generally fully deductible to the extent allowed by law. If you itemize, you may also lower your income taxes if you give before the end of the year. Donations sent by mail must be post-marked by December 31. Your gift is worth even more if your employer has a matching gift program. Check with your human resources department and enclose the matching gift form along with your check.
- Gifts of Stock. A great way to make a charitable gift that offers you further savings. You may be able to avoid paying any capital gains tax on the increase in value of the stock plus receive an income tax charitable deduction for the full-market value of the stock at the time of the gift. Or consider selling stock that has lost its value, donating the proceeds – you may be able to deduct the loss in value (cost basis less current value) and derive an income tax charitable deduction for the current market value.
- Retirement Plans. Making gifts from your retirement plan may result in little or no tax on these funds because you report the amount withdrawn along with an offsetting charitable deduction.
- Annuity. If you are 65 or older, you can make a gift and receive guaranteed fixed payments for life – payments that may be much higher than your return on low-earning securities or CD’s – by establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity.
- Life Insurance. If you have an insurance policy you no longer find useful, receive a charitable deduction for the cash value of the policy when donated to Mercy Medical Center through the Mercy Development Foundation.
- Bequests. Become a Mercy Legacy Society member by establishing a bequest, charitable trust or other planned gift to keep hope and healing flourishing at Mercy Medical Center. A charitable bequest in your Will benefits the hospital while saving you tax dollars at the same time. Keep in mind the long-term tax savings that may be a result of estate planning.
- Corporate and foundation giving
- Item donations
- In-kind donations