Where: Canton Garden Club, Stadium Park When: Apr, 06 From 4:00pm - 6:30pm Fee: FREE
Mercy Medical Center, Aultman Hospital and other local organizations will host a family-friendly community event to celebrate National Walking Day on April 6. This free event will include:
* Community Walk with a Doc, which starts promptly at 5:30 pm
* Children’s obstacle course
* Healthy cooking demo with samples
* Fitness classes including Zumba
* Costume characters including the Tooth Fairy, Marshall the Molar, and FeLeap the Frog
* Games, prizes and raffle drawings
* Complimentary apples, bananas and water
* Health screenings, hand hygiene station, smoking cessation & more
At 5:30 pm, the community Walk With a Doc through Stadium Park will begin. David L. Gormsen, D.O., and John Sutton, M.D., will co-lead the walk. Gormsen serves as vice president and chief medical officer at Mercy Medical Center and is a fitness enthusiast, carving out 1.5–2 hours for physical activity every day. Sutton is a practicing family physician for nearly 20 years and also serves as the director of quality for the Integrated Health Collaborative, an Aultman Health Foundation company that focuses on improving the coordination of care.
Walk With a Doc is a year-round walking program that operates in communities across America and abroad to encourage healthy physical activity for people of all ages. Mercy Medical Center and Aultman are proud to take part in the program to support their mission to lead our community to improved health. Other event sponsors include Eric Snow YMCA (Canton Area), Live Well Stark County, StarkFresh and The Stark County Park District.