Where: Walsh University's Barrette Business & Community Center in North Canton When: Sep, 13 From 10:30am - 4pm Fee: $40
This conference is dedicated to enhancing clinicians’ knowledge, performance, and competence in sleep medicine with the goal of improving the health status of their patients.
Scott Criswell, MHA, RRT
Director, Mercy Sleep Center
Sally Ibrahim, M.D.
William G. Leffler, D.D.S., J.D.
Phil Dukes, R.P.S.G.T.
- Review the various sleep disorders women can experience throughout their lifespan
- Discuss the different ways that sleep disorders present in females as opposed to males
- Describe the treatment options for sleep disorders in women
- Discuss “normal” sleep in children
- Review common pediatric sleep disorders
- Discuss proper treatment options for childhood sleep disorders
- Review Peripheral Arterial Tonometry Technology
- Compare the accuracy of Peripheral Arterial Tonometry versus other commonly used diagnostic methods
- Discuss research studies surrounding Peripheral Arterial Tonometry
- Describe current indications for oral appliances therapy based on AASM and AADSM guidelines
- Review current appliances used in the treatment of sleep apnea
- Describe treatment flow in prescribing oral appliances
Review Medical / Legal issues
- State Boards
- TeleMedicine issues
- Discuss what to expect from your referring Dentist
Mercy Medical Center has implemented a policy to comply with the current Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education/Ohio State Medical Association Standards for Commercial Support requiring resolution of all faculty and planner conflicts of interest. Declared relevant conflicts of interest will be identified in the activity syllabus.
STATEMENT OF ACCREDITATION
Mercy Medical Center is accredited by the Ohio State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Mercy Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
(Equal to 4.0 nursing contact hours per OAC 4723-14-05)
Mercy Medical Center is approved by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program will award 0.4 CEUs based on participation and will be issued at the conclusion of the activity.
AAST CEC Program Application has been submitted for approval.
In accordance with Ohio administrative code OAC 4761-9-05, CME credit is acceptable under Ohio law for Respiratory Care Practitioners.
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Mercy Medical Center fully intends to comply with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you need assistance, please notify Kathy Ruppert at 330-489-1409 or email@example.com prior to the activity.
Physicians, dentists, nurses, technicians and other healthcare professionals in the States of Ohio and Pennsylvania who are interested in the various aspects of sleep medicine.
10:30 am Registration/Lunch/Exhibits
11:25 am Welcome and Opening Remarks – Scott Criswell
11:30 am Sleep in Females Across the Lifespan – Dr. Ibrahim
12:30 pm Sleep Disorders in Children – Dr. Ibrahim
1:30 pm BREAK/Exhibits
2:00 pm Sleep Apnea and Dentistry – Dr. Leffler
3:00 pm Peripheral Arterial Tonometry Technology – Phil Dukes
4:00 pm Closing Remarks – Scott Criswell