Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) 40-hour Didactic Training
- This event has passed.
August 8, 9, 10, 15 and 16
8 am – 5:30 pm
Sign-in starts at 7:30 am with training beginning promptly at 8 am. A one-hour allocated lunch is on your own.
- Mandatory attendance for all five training dates is required.
- Must be a registered nurse to attend.
- Only 15 seats are available.
The goal of this course is to provide the nurse (RN) with comprehensive skills to care for the patient who has experienced sexual assault.
The sexual assault nurse examiner uses the nursing process and applies established evidence-based standards of forensic nursing practice to ensure that all patients reporting sexual violence receive competent care, taking into consideration developmental, cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual and socioeconomic diversity.
The International Association of Forensic Nurses is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Mandatory Requirements to Attend:
- Registered Nurse with active and unrestricted Ohio license
- Able to commit attendance at all five (5) SANE didactic training dates