Maurice K. Chung, RPh, MD, FACOG, FACS, FPMRS, ACGE, is a graduate of Northeastern University College of Pharmacy in Boston, Mass. He received his medical training from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston and post-graduate OB/Gyn residency training at Albany Medical Center in New York. He is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the American College of Surgeons. He is board certified in general OB/Gyn, sub-specialty board certified in FPMRS, and received the advanced laparoendoscopic surgeon recognition from the AAGL (formerly the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists) Accreditation Council of Gynecologic Endoscopy (ACGE) in 1995.
He is currently the Director of the Mercy Center of Endometriosis, Pelvic Pain, & Urogynecology. His focused interests and research over the past 30 years have included advanced laparoendoscopic surgery, minimally invasive surgery, urogynecology, treatment of chronic pelvic pain, pelvic floor dysfunction, pudendal nerve dysfunction, endometriosis, and interstitial cystitis. He performed and taught the first urinary continence TVT procedure in China in 2000. He is one of the first few surgeons to perform hysteroscopic endometrial ablation, essure, TVT, laparoscopic hysterectomy, and Burch colposuspensions in the 1990s.
Board Associations, Memberships and Awards
- Clinical Professor of OB/GYN of University of Toledo, School of Medicine and The Marietta College of Physicians Assistant Program, as well as an Adjunct Professor of Pharmacy of Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio
- Chairman of the Board, Global Society of Endometriosis and Pelvic pain Surgeons, and Global Society of Endoscopic and Pelvic Surgeons (GSEPS)
- President (2011), International Pelvic Pain Society (IPPS)
- President, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons (SLS) in the years 2012 and 2016
- Previous two-term board member and current advisory board member, International Society of Gynecology Endoscopy (ISGE)
- SLS Ambassador to the Affiliated Societies (Current)
- Visiting Professor, Peking Medical University, Beijing, Xi’an Medical University, Xi’an and Bei Hua Medical University, Jilin Province, China
- President, Midwest Regional Center for Endometriosis, Chronic Pelvic Pain, and Bladder Control, and Alliance for Women’s Health Inc. in Lima, Ohio (1989-2018)
- Served as the chairman of surgery and member of the medical staff executive committee of Lima Memorial Hospital, Ohio (2011-2015)
- Served as director of women’s health services and the Center of Excellence for Pelvic Pain, Organs Prolapsed and Bladder Control of Van Wert County Hospital, Ohio (2015-2018)
- Honorary member of the Colombia OB/GYN Society, South America
- Serves on the editorial board of the Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, as well as the Chinese Journal of Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Doctor Honoris Causa from the Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Timisoara, Romania
- Recently received the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons’ Excel Award as the highest honor awarded. (2018).
Request an Appointment
To request an appointment, please call 330-489-1379.