Work Health & Safety Workcare
That figure is one trillion dollars. It’s the estimated amount that businesses lose to poor employee health over the course of a year. It’s a staggering amount, especially when you consider that much of these costs could be prevented.
There are many problems that cut into the productivity of your business. Workers’ Compensation Costs. Disability claims and litigation. Absenteeism. The high cost of health care and prescription drug benefits. On-the-job injuries. Add to this new demographic trends, such as a work force that is aging, highly stressed and increasingly overweight, and it’s easy to see why health issues impact businesses.
Not all of these factors are within your control, but there are steps you can take to improve the health, safety and productivity of your employees. An Occupational Health Nurse can make sure you are in compliance with laws and regulations governing employee health, and work with you to proactively improve workplace health through:
- An occupational health and safety program for your company
- Disease management programs, which can find undiagnosed medical conditions that decrease productivity
- Worksite health and wellness programs focusing on increasing personal health (such as smoking cessation and weight lost) and prevention (such as workplace hygiene or flu shots)
- Identification and addressing of potential ergonomic hazards in the work environment, decreasing the likelihood of costly injuries to employee musculoskeletal systems
- Improving employee morale and loyalty by showing a “we care” attitude toward workplace health and safety issues.
WHSS offers complete WorkCare Occupational Health Nurse services that can be customized to fit the needs of your company.
Talese Turner, RN/COHN - WHSS WorkCare Nurse
Phone: 330-966-4755 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A graduate of Walsh University, with an Associate of Applied Science degree in nursing, Talese has worked exclusively in Occupational Health with WHSS since 1989. Talese is a member of the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses.
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse
- Certified First Aid Instructor
- Instructor for the American Heart Association in Basic Life Support
- Certified Instructor for CPR