Mercy Nurses Offer More
Excellence in patient care
- Professional environment
- Ongoing career education
- Competitive benefits package
- Community involvement
Mercy's Division of Nursing Service supports the medical center's faith-based environment as well as its mission of providing compassionate care for all who come to us. Nurses play a vitally important role in that mission, working side by side as team members with physicians, dietitians, social workers, chaplains, pharmacists and others to assure that we maintain the highest standards of patient care.
We are also committed to providing nurses with an environment of personal satisfaction and professional growth. We promote shared decision-making and participatory management. Our Healthcare System provides us a wealth of resources which allows Mercy Medical Center to be on the cutting edge in nursing as well as in medicine. Our focus is always on ever-improving patient care. To that end, the Division of Nursing at Mercy actively participates in the American Nurses Association Quality Program with focus on Patient Safety first.
The Division of Nursing Service is committed to continuously improve patient care by providing facilities, technologies and an enriching environment for healthcare professionals who choose to practice on our campus.
When you join the nursing staff of Mercy Medical Center, you can pursue your nursing interests with a wide variety of career options. Whether your interests lie in cardiovascular nursing, surgical services, medical/surgical nursing, caring for women and children, or specializing in critical care or behavioral sciences, we take an active role in helping you pursue your career goals.
Our orientation program is devoted to helping you feel at home in your new job. Other professional development opportunities include:
- Reimbursement for national certifications
- Enhanced tuition reimbursement to include initial RN degree
- Cross-training activities
- Free Internet CEU's via NursingSpectrum.com
- Individualized experienced RN orientation
- Commitment to research and evidence-based practice
- Medical-Surgical Core Curriculum Course
- ACLS, PALS, TNCC provided at no cost for appropriate unit staff
- Support and funding for staff to attend professional organization meetings/conferences
- RN tuition reimbursement program
- RN salaries regularly reviewed and increased
- On-site Day Care Center
- No mandatory overtime; all overtime work is voluntary
- Extra-shift pay up to double time
- Off-shifts differential regularly reviewed and improved
- Very competitive short-term disability
- Employee and family vision coverage
- Specialty area differentials
- Highly competitive 401K match
- Extra shifts incentive
- Seasonal shuttle service from parking lot to hospital
- Nurses Week activities